UN Job Vacancy in France
Position: Programme Management Assistant at the United Nations Environment Programme
The Programme Management Officer will do the following duties
Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of Multilateral Fund programs/projects;
- collects, categorizes, updates, tracks and analyses data related to programs/projects, e.g. accounting records, outputs, deviations/revisions, etc.;
- carries out periodic status reviews, identifies issues and initiates requisite follow-up actions; prepares as required revised budget estimates; expenditures and obligations, verifies availability of funds; ensures necessary approval and entry in Umoja; prepare payment requests and initiate processing via Umoja.
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring, expedition and implementation of Capacity Building projects and activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational units to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against programme/project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of consultants, travel arrangements, organization of and participation in meetings/training, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Collaborates with program/project managers on performance reporting; liaises with relevant parties on status and progress of projects/ activities in the approved annual work plan; provides assistance on preparing various elements for the annual reports submitted to the Multilateral Fund Secretariat and Ozone Secretariat and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
- Delivers presentations at various training workshops/meetings on the latest capacity-building tools and materials to encourage stakeholders to use and incorporate these in their daily implementation work.
- Drafts program/project summaries and coordinates review and clearance process, and coordinates with the editor, software developers, translation services, etc. on finalization and publication of reports.
- Participates in a substantive review of manuals, guidebooks; web services, mobile applications, and other capacity-building materials in multiple languages.
- Prepares, maintains and updates files (electronic and paper) and internal databases; designs and generates a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports, statistical tables, graphic content, and other background materials/notes to facilitate inspection and other reviews.
- Drafts correspondence and communications related to all aspects of program/project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports.
- Provides general assistance in support of planning and implementation of approved activities/projects, including all related administrative processes for the Capacity Building Team and the entire OzonAction Branch as needed.
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of programme/project budget proposals; also provide assistance in the interpretation of budget guidelines.
- Reviews and coordinates submissions of program proposals and budget estimates, ensuring that requisite information is included and justified in terms of proposed activities as well as propose adjustments as necessary; prepares reports and ensures that outputs/services are properly categorized.
- Similarly, assists in the coordination of program/project planning and preparation; monitors the status of program/project proposals; also takes necessary action to ensure outputs/legal instruments/administrative documents are completed and submitted to relevant parties for approval.
- Researches compiles, analyses, summarizes and presents basic information/data on specific programs/projects and related topics.
- Periodically provides backstop functions for other staff members away on leave or mission as well as performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. However, supplemental training in project/program administration or related area is highly desirable.
- All the candidates must pass the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) or Global General Service Test (GGST) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices Away for Headquarters (OAH).
- At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or program administration, technical cooperation or related area.
- Experience in providing substantive support to senior management, managing priorities, and monitoring multiple and diverse activities and work processes is desirable.
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Furthermore, knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Click here to see more job vacancies.