UNICEF Jobs in New York
Position: Executive Associate at the Office of Internal Audit & Investigations
Summary of key functions/accountabilities
- On behalf of the Director, manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls and ensure critical communications are brought to the Director’s attention in a timely manner.
- When appropriate, prepare draft responses to communications to the Director or respond on his or her behalf.
- Communicate sensitive information to higher-level managers as well as provide routine information pertaining to the work of the division/office.
- Coordinate and ensure adequate responses to sensitive inquiries.
- Follow up on established deadlines and ensuring timely submissions by the staff of reports, correspondence, and other documents.
- Furthermore, provide inputs and coordination of communications to OIAI staff on behalf of the Director.
- Maintain the Director’s calendar and arrange meetings as required with both internal and external parties.
- Organize official travel arrangements on behalf of the Director.
- Prepare briefing materials for all official trips and meetings to ensure the Director is adequately briefed and prepared. Similarly, prepare documentation for the Director’s signature reviewing for style, factual and grammatical accuracy.
- Supports capacity development and other office-wide activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers, and hosts.
- Maintains and updates a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating the inventory of items.
Budget Monitoring Support
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Provides support by collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in SAP.
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results in the destination system.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- In addition to that, a minimum of six years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is necessary.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset. Furthermore, all candidates must pass the Global General Service Test (GGST)