The Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean is one of the five regional Commissions of the United Nations. It was founded in 1948 with the purpose of contributing to the region’s economic and social development. Its mission includes the design, monitoring and evaluation of public policies and the provision of advisory services, expertise and training to Governments, as well as support for regional and international cooperation and coordination activities. Please visit our website at www.eclac.org for further information.
This position is located in the Water and Energy Unit, Natural Resources Division of the ECLAC. The Economic Affairs Officer reports to the Chief of the Unit.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Unit, the Economic Affairs Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
ECONOMIC AND/OR SECTOR ANALYSIS:
• Interprets, applies and, as necessary, adapts econometric models to determine trends, patterns and relationships among development, sustainable energies, energy solutions and technologies and to analyze the effects of alternative policies and assumptions.
• Elaborates technical papers and analytical studies on selected global, regional, national or sector aspects of sustainable energy technologies and industries.
• Identifies and analyses policy proposals made elsewhere relating to assigned topics.
• Develops socio-economic databases and qualitative information necessary for specified recurrent or ad hoc assignments.
• Attends international, regional, and national meetings to collect information and to hold discussions with colleagues in other institutions.
• Assists in the organization and servicing of expert group meetings, seminars, etc. on energy and development issues.
• Prepares speeches and other inputs for presentations by senior staff.
|Type of Opportunity
|All UN Countries