United Nations Jobs at Belgium
Position Title: Associate Program Management Officer at the United Nations Environment Programme
The position holder will works with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions such as under the Thematic programme for management of natural resources – Global public goods and challenges(ENRTP – GPGC) cooperation with the European Commission.
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of programs, operations, and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Participates in survey initiatives; assists with the design of data collection tools; as well as issues data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc. such as in view of the Programme Steering Committee meetings of the ENRTP-GPGC cooperation.
- Undertakes outreach activities as well as participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Similarly, participates in field missions, including the provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (program/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.). Similarly, assist in the preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work program, program budget, etc.).
- Furthermore, performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate must have the following things in particular
- Master’s degree in administration, management, economics, political science or a related field. However, bachelor degree holders with two additional years of qualifying work experience can also apply.
- In addition to that, experience in project/program management, administration or related area. However, experience is not necessary for candidates who have passed the United Nations National Competitive Recruitment Examination.
- Working experience with the European Commission, the UN Environment Divisions and the MEAs Secretariats (Multilateral Environmental Agreements) are necessary.
- Knowledge of the European Commission Contractual Framework and the EU funding instruments is desirable.
- Fluency in English is necessary. In addition, knowledge