United Nations Jobs in Congo
Position: External Emergency Roster – Grants Management Officer at the World Health Organization
The incumbent will be doing the following duties
- Prepare draft and finalize proposals as well as technical reports to donors based on inputs received from technical teams and guidance from the Coordinated Resource Mobilization (CRM) team.
- Monitor funding proposals, grants implementation rates, and reporting deadlines in accordance with donors’ specific reporting schedules and requirements.
- Work with technical units at all levels of the organization to facilitate and consolidate the results of operational planning, to define the resource requirements for the emergency activities as well as the staff and non-staff costs.
- Disseminate information to all stakeholders on standard policies and procedures for resource and grant management, compile information on best practices and lessons learned.
- Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with established WHO rules and procedures and donor requirements. Identify gaps in the process and recommend corrective actions.
- Update and maintain the related grant and finance tracking systems to monitor deadlines for submission of proposals and reports to donors.
- Develop and maintain efficient mechanisms and channels for internal and external partnerships with regional and country offices, other UN agencies and the Member States throughout the full cycle of the outbreaks and health emergency management.
- Furthermore, s/he will have to perform other related duties including replacing and backstopping as required.
The candidate will the following qualifications will be eligible for the position
- Advanced level university degree (Masters’ level or above) in business administration, management, or closely related field. Along with that, additional certification in financial management.
At least 5 years’ experience in financial and resource management, management and administration as well as in grant proposal, report writing and financial/grant tracking or similar experience in a relevant field.
Similarly, experience working in donor relations in the context of emergency work.
Extensive practical knowledge of financial and grants management principles and techniques, especially with respect to large administrative operations at national, regional and/or global levels.
Ability to work and produce results under pressure and meet deadlines.
Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, tact, and discretion.
Sound judgment and initiative.
Ability to clearly and articulately present concepts and procedures on a broad range of issues.