United Nations Jobs in South Korea, Incheon City
Position: Program Management Assistant at the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
The incumbent will be doing the following duties
- Provides assistance in support of planning and implementation of activities/processes related to the Office’s strategic plan, annual work plan, and budget.
- Assists in the coordination of program/project planning and preparation; monitor the status of program/project proposals; takes necessary action to ensure project documents are completed and submitted to relevant parties for approval.
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of programme/project budget proposals; provides assistance in the interpretation of budget guidelines; also, reviews and coordinates submissions of program proposals and budget estimates, ensuring that requisite information is included and justified in terms of proposed activities; propose adjustments as necessary; similarly, prepares reports and ensures that outputs/services are properly categorized.
- Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of programs/projects; categorizes, updates, tracks and analyses data related to programs/projects, e.g. accounting records, outputs, resources utilized, deviations/revisions, etc.; carries out periodic status reviews, identifies issues and initiates requisite follow-up actions; prepares revised budget estimates; reports on budget revisions, expenditures, and obligations, verify availability of funds; ensures necessary approval and entry in computerized budget system; initiates financial authorizations for expenditures.
- Collaborates with program/project managers on performance reporting; liaises with relevant parties on the interpretation of the activities/services scheduled in the PB and various planning instruments such as the medium-term plan and internal work plans; also provides assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
- Drafts program/project summaries coordinate review and clearance process and coordinates with the editor, translation services, etc. on finalization and publication of report multiple languages.
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of programme/project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with diverse organisational units at DESA headquarters in New York to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against programme/project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, organisation of and participation in training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Drafts correspondence and communications related to all aspects of program/project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports.
- Undertakes outreach activities related to program/project activities, such as drafting newsletters and pamphlets on program/project-related activities; drafts inputs for a wide range of documents/reports, briefings/debriefings, and correspondence.
- Support senior staff in the coordination of UNOSD official meetings; liaise with UNOSD partner organizations for the purpose of coordination, awareness-raising, and promotion of UNOSD’s work.
- Provides guidance and training to new/junior staff, national consultants and interns.
- Furthermore, s/he will perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. In addition to that, the candidate must pass the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) or the United Nations Global – General Service Test (GGST) at Headquarters or equivalent locally-administered tests at Offices Away.
- At least seven years of experience in program or project administration, technical cooperation or related area is necessary.
- Experience in supporting the operational activities related to the economic and social development of the United Nations or comparable international organization.
- Experience with training, transfer or sharing of knowledge and capacity building programmes and activities is highly desirable.
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is necessary. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage. Furthermore, fluency in oral and written Korean is required.