United Nations Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Position: Information Resource Assistant at United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization
The Information Resource Assitant will be liable for the following duties
Information Communication Technology
- Act as the first point of support in ICT matters, receive, log and monitor requests as per established procedures, responding to ad-hoc queries, and retrieving data.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support to resolve IT-related issues pertaining to FAO standard equipment; escalate those issues that cannot be solved to the Regional IT Office support IT staff and to the technical team in the IT Division; monitor progress and ensure problem resolution.
- Liaise with external technical support providers, following up on user problems to achieve a resolution.
- Support the operation and use of the office network infrastructure (wired or wireless LANs, routers, firewalls), internet access and network services (file/print services, security, email backups) in accordance with corporate policies established by the IT Division.
- Initiate requests for purchases of hardware and software, according to corporate guidelines and procedures ensuring Regional Office signoff on expenditures and IT Division clearance for non-standard items.
- Similarly, monitor the Office’s Minimum Security Telecommunications Standard (MISTS) compliance and collaborate with other agencies as required.
- Maintain an inventory of computers, peripherals, software and MISTS equipment; Monitor the Office’s Minimum Security Telecommunications Standards and MISTS equipment; also ensure its appropriate maintenance, secure handling, and storage, and track loaned equipment.
Information Resources and Records Management
- Act as a focal point on all matters pertaining to the information resources, library, and records management and liaise with the Office for Corporate Communication at HQ as required.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation both electronic and paper-based: send, receive, analyze, classify, route, distribute and file correspondence; check the quality of the processes and ensure that all formal requirements are met in compliance with standard procedures.
- Assess and execute the transfer of semi-active records to central archives according to agreed retention schedules and procedures.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as required.
In order to be eligible for the post, the candidate must have the following qualifications
- Secondary School education. In addition to that, three years of progressively responsible experience in user support for Microsoft Windows and Office software in a wide area network environment and/or in registry and information resource management.
- Experience with computer hardware repair and software configuration.
- Similarly, experience with providing IT support in a networked environment.
- Also, experience with MS Exchange and MS Outlook. Equipment procurement, and other related administrative functions.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)