Job Vacancies at United Nations, New York
Position: Program Management Assistant at the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism
The position is available at the office of the Director of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Center (UNCCT), in the Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT), in New York. In addition to reporting to the director of UNCCT, the incumbent will do the following duties
- Provides substantive and administrative support in managing priorities and workflow of the Director’s Office. Also, help and assist in the management and scheduling of meetings and events.
- Provides assistance in support of planning and implementation activities/processes for, typically, a large and highly complex component of the departmental program/project initiatives.
- Researches, compiles, analyzes, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific programs/projects and related topics.
- Assists in the coordination of program/project planning and preparation; monitor the status of program/project proposals; takes necessary action to ensure project documents are completed and submitted to relevant parties for approval.
- Similarly, assist in the preparation and analysis of program/project budget proposals; provides assistance in the interpretation of budget guidelines.
- Reviews and coordinates submissions of program proposals and budget estimates, ensuring that requisite information is included and justified in terms of proposed activities; propose adjustments as necessary; also prepares reports and ensures that outputs/services are properly categorized.
- Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of programs/projects; categorizes, updates, tracks and analyses data related to programs/projects, e.g. accounting records, outputs, resources utilized, deviations/revisions, etc.; carries out periodic status reviews, identifies issues and initiates requisite follow-up actions.
- Similarly, prepare revised budget estimates; reports on budget revisions, expenditures, and obligations. Also, verify availability of funds; ensures necessary approval and entry in the computerized budget system; initiates financial authorizations for expenditures.
- Collaborates with program/project managers on performance reporting; liaises with relevant parties on the interpretation of the activities/services scheduled in the PB and various planning instruments such as the medium-term plan and internal work plans; provides assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
- Drafts program/project summaries as well as coordinates review and clearance process and coordinates with an editor, translation services, etc. on finalization and publication of report multiple languages.
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of programme/project implementation activities, and serves as a communications link between supervisor and senior staff reporting to the Director, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organisational units to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against programme/project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, organisation of and participation in training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Prepares, maintains and updates files (electronic and paper) and internal databases; designs and generates a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports, statistical tables, graphic content, and other background materials/notes to facilitate inspection and other reviews.
- Drafts correspondence and communications related to all aspects of program/project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports.
- Furthermore, provides guidance and training to new/junior staff and performs other duties as assigned.
In order to be eligible for the role, the candidate must have the following qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent. In addition to that, seven years of progressive experience in program or project administration, technical cooperation or related area.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software applications.
- Moreover, experience supporting a senior official, including scheduling and travel arrangements is desirable. Similarly, working in a Front Office is desirable.
- Fluency in English is necessary for the post. Furthermore, additional knowledge of any other UN official language is an advantage.