Vacancies at World Food Programme, Cairo, Egypt
Position: Procurement Officer
- Support procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes and contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Contribute to the analysis of data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Support auditing of procurement activities by collating the necessary information for recommendations to be responded to appropriately to ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts to align procurement activities with wider programs as well as ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise a limited number of more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with simple analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- In addition to that, a minimum of three years of professional work experience in a leading position.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, the maturity of judgment, tact, negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds. Similarly, an ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
At WFP Regional Bureau in Cairo, the office provides strategic and technical guidance to WFP operations in 17 countries altogether: Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, and Yemen.