The Regional Office of the Danish Refugee Council in Myanmar opens a vacancy position for the Regional Head of Program. The DRC seeks an energetic, dynamic and enthusiastic candidate to join the team in Asia. The incumbent will be providing strategic leadership for DRC programs in Asia, drive program expansion, assure quality in program development and reporting, as well as position DRC as a strong protection agent advocating on behalf of and supporting displacement affected populations in the Asia region.
- Facilitating the development and implementation of other relevant programmatic strategies and policies across the Asia region in close collaboration with global policy leads.
- Exploring opportunities for DRC’s expansion, including engagement in existing and new geographic areas, and/or programmatic sectors.
- Planning, leading and facilitating a Regional Annual Review with the development of the Regional Strategic Programme Document (Regional SPD) and Results in Contract (RC).
- Similarly, providing high-level analysis of the major contextual trends (political, migration, environmental, etc.) in Asia.
- Facilitating interaction and cooperation across programmatic sectors by supporting common ways of working, standards and technical approaches.
- Overseeing the management of regional programs, currently covering an Asia Displacement Solution Platform (ADSP) program and a Mixed Migration Centre (MMC) program.
- Also, developing and coordinating regional grant proposals and reporting, developing Concept Note’s, budgets, mid-term and final reports.
- Representing DRC in relevant international forums or other networks and build relationships with donors and other INGOs, government institutions and other stakeholders in the region.
- Furthermore, reading and managing the regional Project Coordinators (including people planning, performance, well-being, and development.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be eligible for this vacancy at Danish Refugee Council in Myanmar
- Seven years’ experience in the relevant field. In addition to that, four years’ experience with people management.
- Experience developing and implementing program strategies as well as experience in managing program operations, including at the country senior management level.
- Strong leadership skills and competence in people management.
- Experience with all aspects of business development, including developing and maintaining donor relations.
- Furthermore, experience with effectively coordinating and negotiating with strategic partners, government authorities and representatives, NGO partners, UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders.
Danish Refugee Council is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization that serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Today the Danish Refugee Council works in more than 30 countries around the world, with humanitarian programs in conflict zones such as Somalia in the Horn of Africa, Afghanistan in Central Asia, Iraq in the Middle East and Chechnya in the Caucasus.