Vacancy at Norwegian Refugee Council, Iraq
Position: Grants Coordinator
This position is open for the NRC office in Iraq. The incumbent will provide essential oversight and coordination of all reporting, proposal development, and communication tasks for the Cash Consortium for Iraq (CCI). S/he will coordinate effectively with CCI partners to prepare high quality and timely donor reports, lead proposal development and produce high-quality external communication products. The position holder will also assist the CCI Director with other reporting activities including responding to information requests, writing success stories, and monitoring and reporting on program impact. Also, the position will coordinate with donors, partners, and other NGOs as required by the CCI Director and will attend key coordination meetings and support information sharing across partners. S/he will provide guidance and direction to the CCI Grants Management Officer.
In particular, the position holder will be performing the following duties
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including the filing of grant documents (including through the grants database – forthcoming).
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control.
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets, and donor reports as well as be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals.
- Documentation, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field, including public relations, journalism, and international affairs or commensurate field experience; Masters preferred.
- Previous experience in program development, management, fundraising, and design – with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- 1- 2 years of international development experience preferred, preferably with refugee/IDP-related emergencies.
- Knowledge of the political situation in Iraq.
- Similarly, previous experience in the compilation of donor proposals and reports, and familiarity with US and EU donors preferred, with special attention to reporting requirements.
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity as well as highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating program objectives to a wide audience required.
- Furthermore, the ability to represent the CCI to international donors, government officials, local groups and community members is essential.
Click here to see more job vacancies.