The United Nations Department of Operational Support announces vacancy opening for Logistics Officer, Panning. This vacancy opening is for Supply Chain Planning Service within the Logistics Division (LD), in the Office for Supply Chain Management (OSCM), Department of Operational Support (DOS). The Logistics Division provides direction and advice on logistical matters, monitors and assesses the delivery of strategic transportation and support services, and directs the delivery of transportation and specialist support services in the functional areas of air transport, ground transport, engineering, medical and supply, inclusive of fuel, rations and general supplies and security equipment.
In addition to reporting to the Chief of Source Planning Unit, the incumbent will perform the following tasks
- Preparing logistics plans, including for sourcing of goods and services, ensures effective and timely identification, periodization and aggregation of diverse logistics support requirements for planned or new peacekeeping missions to ascertain optimal sourcing options including in-house available resources, Member states or commercial procurement. Similarly, developing source plans for global requirements for goods and services.
- Implementing methodologies and tools to enable effective execution of source plans. Contributing to the provision of effective and timely planning, oversight, management and coordination of source planning activities.
- Ensuring that supervision and training of staff are adequate. Similarly, identifying additional training needs to achieve high working standards.
- Coordinating and contributing to the review of mission buying behavior against global system contracts for field missions.
The position holder will also
- Ensuring that logistics requirements take account of gender-specific needs.
- Coordinating planning activities with procurement, finance, human resources, policy, and other substantive units. Also, developing and implementing supply chain management source planning procedures, operational guidelines and methodologies for source planning to the common benefit of all functional units.
- Preparing reports on contracts, solicitation status, solicitation schedule, and other source plan issues.
- Participating in monthly Integrated Business Planning meetings with missions and UNHQ
- Identifying and participating in the planning and coordination of supply chain and logistics support solutions to new, sustaining, expanding and contracting peacekeeping operations and other field missions.
- Ensuring that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Coordinating and contributing to the preparation of the source plan by selecting different sourcing options while taking into consideration quantities, timelines, cost estimates, delivery locations, existing contracts and determining the sourcing strategy for demands not met by existing arrangements.
- Guiding and supervising new/junior staff as well as performing other related duties as required.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to apply for this vacancy of Logistic Officer at United Nations in New York
- Master’s degree or equivalent degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, supply chain, logistics, or another relevant field. However, candidates with a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience are also eligible.
- In addition to that, Certification in PRINCE2 or other project management methodologies and Certification in Supply Chain (SCOR-P, CSCP or equivalent) or Lean Six Sigma is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in land/air transport, logistics planning, procurement, data management/analysis, or related area, in military, commercial or international organizations.
- Experience working with business intelligence systems and data analysis tools is desirable.
- Similarly, experience in preparing and developing data visualization/metrics and data cleansing are desirable.
- Fluency in English is mandatory for this position. Furthermore, knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
See the official link to know more.