Apply for the Vacancy for Technical Officer at WHO in Switzerland. The deadline for the application is 9th June 2020.
Responsible for weekly updates of inter-agency events for WHO HQ, including but not limited to:
- research and draft briefing notes and other support materials concerning inter-agency events;
- Additionally, after clearance, disseminating internal communication materials on inter-agency developments of strategic and operational interest;
- Also, bi-annual inter-agency updates for WHO Regional and Country Offices;
- replacing and backstopping as an inter-agency focal point.
- Follow-up on the proceedings, activities, outputs, and outcomes of various IASC Task teams, working groups and reference groups and subsidiary bodies, and/or various UN working groups involved in humanitarian actions to further WHO/WHR participation in and contribution to normative and policy discussion. Also, providing assistance to the designated officer where WHO holds the (co)chairmanship.
- Similarly, support the work of EMO Inter-Agency focal point by facilitating coordinated actions with NGOs, the Red Cross, ICVA, SCHR, InterAction, and other such bodies.
- Also, participate in the preparation and organization of global meetings, consultations and negotiations, and in the management of the WHO network of Collaborative Centres in the area of emergency management.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Technical Officer at WHO
- Essential: University degree in social or political science, international relations, and/or development studies.
- Desirable: Degree or specialization in one of the above fields.
- Essential: At least two years’ experience in the field of inter-agency humanitarian programs or partnerships in the area of emergency or health activities at the national or international level complemented by good research and writing skills.
- Desirable: Knowledge of IASC work and policies and/or experience in WHO, UN Agencies, or NGOs.
- Good knowledge of inter-agency activities, with proven ability to draft and summarize technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Similarly, strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a proactive manner, multi-task and produce results under pressure.
- Additionally, excellent interpersonal skills with political awareness, diplomacy, tact and courtesy.
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of WHO Language.