UNDP Climate change team and the Ministry of Environment seeks qualified International Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory expert in Beirut, Lebanon. Basically, this vacancy of the International Greenhouse Gas Inventory Expert is to revise and update Lebanon’s Methods and Data Documentation templates with a focus on the Industrial Processes and Product Use sector and reviews the data collected to date.
The incumbent will operate in close cooperation with the UNDP Climate change team and the Ministry of Environment. The Consultant should report to the UNDP BUR3/National Communication Project Manager. Moreover, the UNDP climate change team will provide the consultant with the supporting documents needed to perform the below-mentioned tasks. The tasks involved will cover the following items:
- Task 1: Review the Greenhouse gas inventory documentation sheets of all sectors (energy, industrial processes, agriculture, forestry, and other land use, and waste) and also ensure that they constitute a good basis for the preparation of Lebanon’s GHG inventory
- Task 2: Review in-detail the GHG inventory of the Industrial Processes and Product Use (IPPU) sector for the period 1994-2015 and also ensure that it successfully tackles the 5 principles of GHG inventories Transparency, Accuracy, Completeness, Comparability, and Consistency (TACCC)
- Task 3: Prepare the IPPU GHG inventory for the period 1994-2016 with the data provided by the UNDP GHG compilation team at the Ministry of Environment and according to the 2006 IPCC Guidelines.
- Masters in Environmental Technology, Environmental Science, Industrial Engineering, or closely related fields. However, a Ph.D. is an asset. In addition to that, at least 10 years of relevant work experience in GHG inventories in line with the 2006 IPCC Guidelines.
- A well-established track record in compiling and reviewing GHG inventories, including IPPU review accreditation from UNFCCC.
- Previous experience in the preparation of IPPU GHG emission studies and reviews. Similarly, experience or strong familiarity with the work of UNDP and/or other multilateral, bilateral and civil society development partners.
Moreover, this job vacancy of Greenhouse Gas Expert in UNDP Lebanon is open for all international consultants who meet the selection criteria and propose a competitive fee. Interested consultants should apply only through this UNDP jobs portal. In particular, the application must include all of the following documents
- Technical Proposal
- Annex 3 (Offerors Letter) and
- Financial proposal
Candidates must find all the documents here.