Applications are open for United Nations Public Information Officer in Geneva. The application deadline is 13th October 2021.
This position is located in the Radio and Television Section, United Nations Information Service, Geneva, Strategic Communications Division of the Department of Global Communications.
The Public Information Officer (Webcast) reports to the Chief of the Radio and Television Section of the United Nations Information Service, Geneva.
The position concerns the live and on-demand video coverage of the public meetings and other events of the United Nations Human Rights Treaty Bodies both at the United Nations Headquarters and
at the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in Geneva. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Oversees the scheduling, production and distribution (through the UN Web TV platform, and occasionally on other streaming platforms, as required) of daily live and on-demand Webcast coverage of the UN Human Rights Treaty Bodies public meetings and of other events held at the UN Office at Geneva. Supervises and guides the webcast staff in the editorial and technical aspects of their daily work, with the aim of ensuring live and on-demand multilingual coverage of UN meetings and events.
- Coordinates post-production and editing of video products through the video cloud platform as well as through a Media Asset Management Systems (MAMS) and Adobe Premiere software . Oversees the publishing/uploading of videos and related metadata to the UN Web TV website, and to relevant Social Media Accounts.
- Liaises with clients and event organizers (the OHCHR Human Rights Treaties Division, and other UN Departments, Permanent Missions, etc.) to plan and produce the live and on-demand webcast coverage of the UN Human Rights Treaty Bodies public meetings and events. Coordinates activities with UNTV Geneva broadcast coverage on a daily basis as needed.
- Coordinates with the UN Webcast team at UN Headquarters New York, on issues related to the UN Web TV daily live coverage of Geneva-based events and for any technical assistance and training on new functionalities of the UN Web TV video cloud platform.
- Prepares statistical reports on global audience and usage; prepares technical charts and workflow visualizations, as required.
- Trains new staff, consultants and interns in the use of webcast production hardware and software, including the UN Web TV video cloud platform and the Media Asset Management Systems (MAMS) video system.
- Oversees the configuration and set up of Webcast encoders for live multilingual streaming in multiple formats, including Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTC) Live Streaming (HLS) for mobile devices.
- Oversees production of creative video clips and infographics for news and promotional campaigns when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!