is one of the elite colleges in the United States. Many students from around the world come here to study. Few best and bright students may get generous scholarship opportunity at American University
. The American University
is a private research university in Washington, D.C. It has one of the best research faculty in the whole of United States. Similarly, it is one of the most reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 69 in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Further, AU provides with AU offers nearly 70 majors and minors and pre-professional advising programs in law and medicine. , AU students choose a personalized curriculum of theoretical study and experiential learning, taught by internationally-recognized faculty in courses that take them from the classroom to the nation’s capital, and all around the globe.
- AU is need-blind for domestic students.
- However, AU commits to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
AU is one of the very selective colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 35%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at the American University.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Students should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, students should possess a keen interest in researching and determined to have a positive impact on the world.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the college commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- 80% of the incoming students receive aid.
- AU has one of the best scholarship budgets with over $85 million.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 36,661.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application
and Coalition Application.
The application portal guides students through the application process. Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- AU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March Lastly, here is the official link to American University