IREX is now accepting applications for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship program for 2022-2023. It is a fully-funded merit-based abroad study program for undergraduates from Tunisia to take a non-degree course for one academic year in the United State’s universities.
Following requirements are to be completed once the student is selected for the program:
- attend full time class
- 20 hours of community service in the host community in first semester
- part time internship in second semester.
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program covers the following expenses for undergraduate studies in US:
- I-1 visa support
- Round trip from home city to host institution
- Tuition and mandatory fees
- Health benefit plans
- Monthly allowance
- Textbook allowance
Applicants are not discriminated on the basis of color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by U.S. law but they are obliged to meet certain criteria listed below:
- full-time undergraduate student in any university from Tunisia.
- 18 years old or older by July 1, 2022
- scheduled to graduate in summer 2023 or later.
- complete previous academic year in good standing
- committed to return to homeland.
- Applicant should not be in his\her final year
- TOEFL scores are submitted only by semi-finalists with a minimum score of 500.
- The application should consist of two references but the applicants, family, and friends cannot write them.
- Applicants for the above program should have a mindset to return to their homeland after the end of the program.
In addition to the scholarship chance, this is a chance to explore the US and its diverse culture whilst learning a different course that can benefit you as well as your community.
Find more about further studies here:
competitions and awards
scholarships and fellowships