Applications call for the 10th annual Ocean Awareness Contest. The 10th annual Ocean Awareness Contest is a platform for young people to learn about environmental issues through art-making and creative communication, explore their relationship to a changing world, and become advocates for positive change. Students ages 11-18 from around the world are invited to participate.
The 10th annual Ocean Awareness Contest must have the following benefits
- Gain knowledge about water’s importance to all life on Earth. Dive into Bow Seat’s Resource Studio to learn more about water and its connection to climate change, health, justice, and culture; find artists and organizations taking action to protect our blue planet, and discover ways that you can get involved in conserving our planet’s most vital resource.
- Grow your skills in communication, critical thinking, creativity, and environmental advocacy.
- Use your artwork to raise awareness for critical issues impacting our blue planet.
- Build your portfolio and make art in your preferred medium, or practice a new one! Add to your resume with a participation certificate.
- Showcase your talents worldwide. Through art exhibitions, publications, social media campaigns, and scholarships, Bow Seat uplifts diverse youth voices to advance dialogue and participation in ocean conservation and advocacy.
- Join Bow Seat’s global community of 18,000+ young people who care about the ocean, environmental justice, and climate action. Be inspired by the work of other young creators around the world.
- Be eligible for special opportunities, like the Future Blue Youth Council, a diverse group of young people working together to advance Bow Seat’s mission and to empower fellow peers to advocate for the environment.
- Earn cash awards of up to $1,500.
Submissions must be in
- Visual Art
- Creative Writing
- Interactive & Multimedia
- Performing Arts: Music & Dance
- Poetry & Spoken Word
Students can participate as an individual or as a club, class, or group of any size. However, all students must provide contact information for an Adult Sponsor (teacher, parent, mentor, etc.). Students ages 11-18 from around the world are invited to participate in the Ocean Awareness Contest. Enter the division based on your age at the time of entry:
- Junior Division: Age 11-14
- Senior Division: Age 15-18
START YOUR SUBMISSION