2021 Call for Entries: 25th Luis Valtueña International Humanitarian. Médicos del Mundo Spain announces the 25th Luis Valtueña International Humanitarian Photography Award, aimed at recognizing and disseminating the best images that singularly demonstrate social inequities, injustices, and/or human rights abuses, or the situations that either foster or fight them.
The submitted images must narrate a story related to one of these topics: health, natural disasters, humanitarian action, international cooperation, social exclusion, violation of human rights, armed conflicts, vulnerable groups, refugee and/or migrant populations.
Special attention will be paid to those stories of interest that are not covered or disseminated enough or are little known, to contribute to their dissemination and reflection.
- The competition is open to 18 years or older amateur and professional photographers of any nationality who are familiar with the documentary and/or photojournalistic approach. All entrants must abide by the terms and conditions of the 2021 call for entries.
- Employees of Médicos del Mundo Spain, or their first-degree relatives, are not permitted to enter the competition. Neither the members of the jury, nor any member of the technical team directly linked to the competition, or their first-degree relatives, may enter the competition.
- This is a free-to-enter competition.
Prize and Benefits
- The winner of the prize will receive a gross amount of €6,000 (to which the corresponding withholding will be applied, depending on the nationality and the situation of the beneficiary), plus a professional camera model Leica Q2 worth a total of €5,120 and a set of 10 photobooks published by La Fábrica.
- In addition, winning and shortlisted series will be included in the catalog and in the collective and itinerant exhibition that Médicos del Mundo Spain shall produce or host.
- The organization will cover the travel and lodging for two consecutive nights of the chosen entrants to attend the award ceremony and inauguration of the exhibition in Madrid, scheduled for March 2022. This is contingent on the health situation and/or travel regulations affected by COVID-19.
- The authors must be available, to the extent of their possibilities, to attend to the media and guests with guided tours of the exhibition on an opening day. In
addition, Médicos del Mundo may invite them to participate in educational or awareness-raising activities organized within the framework of the Luis Valtueña Award.
- Médicos del Mundo is committed to widely promoting the chosen images and their authors for at least one year through press releases, meetings with the media, and ad-hoc dissemination materials, among other forms.
Terms and Conditions