Apply for 31st Annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize 2021. The 31st annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize is now open for submissions of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction. Winners receive $5,000 as well as publication.
The Missouri Review is indeed currently reading submissions, despite the ongoing coronavirus crisis. The Missouri Review wishes you all safety, health, and security during this daunting time. 31st Annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize welcomes your work and the consolations of literary art at all times, and now especially.
The Missouri Review invites submissions year-round in the following categories:
- Fiction, Poetry, or Nonfiction + 4-issue digital subscription
Winners of the 31st Annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize 2021 will receive the publication, an invitation to a reception and reading in their honor, and a cash prize.
- Fiction: $ 5,000
- Nonfiction: $ 5,000
- Poetry: $ 5,000
- Previous winners of the Editors’ Prize are not eligible. Similarly, current University of Missouri students and faculty are ineligible. Furthermore, previous Editors’ Prize finalists are welcome to enter again.
31st Annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize has the following guidelines
- Submit one piece of fiction or nonfiction up to 8,500 words or any number of poems up to 10 pages. Please double-space fiction and nonfiction entries.
- Multiple submissions and simultaneous submissions are welcome, but you must pay a separate fee for each entry and withdraw the piece immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- Entries must be previously unpublished.
- Standard Entry fee: $25. Each entrant receives a one-year subscription to the Missouri Review in digital format (normal price $24) and also a digital copy of the fourth title in the imprint, TMR Books, Strange Encounters, a short story anthology by former Editors’ Prize-winners and contributors (normal price $7.95).
- “All Access” Entry fee: $30. In addition to the one-year digital subscription to the Missouri Review and Strange Encounters, the “All Access” entry fee grants access to the last 10 years of digital issues and the audio recordings of each digital issue.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here