Applications open for 4th International ExLibris Competition Varna 2021. The Competition is open to all artists above the age of 16. There is no entry fee. There is no theme, except for the Prize in the name of Jordan Petkov, which only rules to qualify is that at least one of the artworks is dedicated to Jordan Petkov.
- Number of entries: Participants may send maximum 5 (five) different bookplates, each of them in 3 (three) signed copies. The works must have been created in the period 2018 – 2021. If the artist participates in the competition for the first time, bookplates, created earlier than 2018 are allowed.
- Techniques: Only entries made using the traditional original graphic techniques will be accepted – Intaglio techniques (C, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8), Relief techniques (X, X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7), Flatbed, stencil techniques (L1, L2, L3, L4, S1, S2). Computer designs, photocopies, drawings or sketches will not be accepted.
- Dimensions: The image (engraved part) of the exlibris must be no larger than 180 x 180 mm. Paper size must be no larger than 290 mm x 210 mm.
- Text: Every image has to include the name of the owner and words: “Exlibris”, “Bookplate” or some other similar expression (e.g. “From the library of…”). The bookplates must have (under the image, written with a pencil) the artist’s signature, year of creation, technique and title (if the work has one), print number or abbreviation – E/A, A/P.
- Information: On the back side of the paper every bookplate must have the following information, written with pencil, in English, with print letters: 1) last name, first name, country of the artist, 2) title of the work, 3) technique used, 4) dimensions of the engraved part in mm, 5) year the work was created, 6) full versions of initials or abbreviations, if used.
4th International ExLibris Competition Varna 2021 has the following prizes
- First Prize: 800 EUR
- Second Prize: 400 EUR
- Third Prize: 200 EUR
- Prize for Young Artist (under age of 30): 200 EUR
- Special Award after the name of Edward Penkov
- Prize in the form of a bronze plaque of Association of Artists, Varna
- Special award in the name of Jordan Petkov for an exlibris dedicated to Jordan Petkov, founder of Largo Art Gallery (read in article 3): 400 EUR
- The Jury will also attributе Honourable Mentions and Certificates of Honour to the exlibrises deserving honorary awards.
The works should be sent without glass, frame or passé-partout, by registered air-mail as PRINTED MATTERIAL, declaring “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”. The works should be packaged in a solid and waterproof package, in the safest manner to avoid any kind of damage. We advise that you write on the package “PRINTED MATERIALS, DO NOT FOLD”. The organizers accept no responsibility for problems arising from the fault of the postal and courier services.
The package with bookplates must be sent to the following postal address:
Largo Art Gallery
8 Han Krum Str.
- For countries outside of Europe: entries must be sent before 20th of August 2021. (according to the date of the post stamp of the sender).
- For countries in Europe: entries must be sent before 30th of August 2021. (according to the date of the post stamp of the sender).
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here