Applications are open for Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award 2021. The rise of societies and nations is attained through investing in people’s brains and encouraging scientific research, culture, and innovation. Thus, Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation (AHSF) has been investing for the last 35 years in motivating and encouraging more research as well as scientific, technological, and social innovation, towards a sustainable economic and social impact. We – at AHSF – believe that cooperation amongst research institutions in the public and private sectors, is one of the enablers that strengthens the status of scientific research, and magnifies its impact on the Arab world.
It is the first Award of its kind dedicated for scientific research and to honor Arab researchers since 1982. The award aims to support and highlight scientific research throughout the Arab world as it is awarded in recognition of distinguished scientific outcome of scientific and social value.
The award targets Arab researchers who have conducted multiple types of research in an Arab country in one of the following 6 fields: Medical and Health Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Basic Sciences; Literature and Humanitarian, Social and Educational Sciences; Economics and Administration Sciences, and Agriculture and Technology. Each year, two topics under each field are selected as award themes, with 12 awards, each amounting to $20,000.
The Abdul Hameed Shoman Award for Arab Researchers’ Components
- A certificate, including the Abdul Hameed Shoman Award for Arab Researchers’ name, winner’s name and awarded field of interest.
- A financial reward of twenty thousand US dollars (USD 20,000).
- A plaque, bearing the Abdul Hameed Shoman Award for Arab Researchers’ name and logo.
Terms and Conditions
- The Nominee shall be alive, and of Arab nationality or origins, regardless of their place of residence.
- The Nominee shall have submitted a scientific output of a scientific and social value during the last five years.
- The Nominee shall submit a written nomination request by the entity in which they work, using the specific form, set forth in the Form Filling Instructions.
- The Nominee shall send an abstract of the scientific output presented in Arabic.
- A winner of Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award may not apply again for the same award.
- Research shall only be accepted in Arabic or English.
- MA and Ph.D. theses shall not be included in the Nominee’s scientific output assessment.
- The Nomination Form shall be submitted in one of the specializations listed in the Award’s declared fields only. This shall, therefore, be determined in the Nomination Form.
- The scientific output and all required documents shall be sent at once. Hence, any material sent thereafter shall not be taken into account. The Nominee’s scientific output shall not be returned thereto whether they win or not.
- It is necessary that the Nominee mention the citations of each published article, including those submitted to the Award, along with the impact factor and name of the publisher.
- The Scientific Committee and jury members shall not be entitled to be nominated for the Award.
- Applications, that do not comply with the Award Terms and Conditions and are submitted after the Nomination deadline, shall not be taken into account.
- The Award’s Scientific Committee shall have the right to withdraw the Award from a winner if any of the following was proved:
- Violation of any of the Award Terms and Conditions, as stated in the Call for Nomination
Violation of the ethics of scientific research, with respect to the output submitted.
- Any other violation identified by the Scientific Committee.