Ashoka Changemakers Challenge calls nominations for the Act for Biodiversity Challenge 2020. VITTEL and Ashoka are launching the “Act for Biodiversity” Challenge. The challenge is a global search for changemakers who can bring key players together to preserve and restore biodiversity. The organizers welcome innovation and approaches from the following areas
- Using a systemic approach
- Valuing collaborating with other key players
- Focus on any one of the following areas: Addressing the impacts of urbanization; Innovation on agricultural systems; and Preserving forest and nature
Here are the real-world examples for reference to interested candidates
- A scientific solution that boosts biodiversity by sustainably managing and monitoring bee populations, using this data to inform stakeholders like farmers, companies, and governments and to help local ecosystems thrive.
- An organization that connects young people in rapidly urbanizing areas with nature, educating students and communities and training them to care for urban nature reserves.
- A citizen association of professional women foresters who combine vegetable gardens and wild tree nurseries to protect biodiversity, reduce desertification, and ensure better health and nutrition for their communities.
Awards and Prize
4 winners will receive a cash prize of 15000 CHF each. The VITTEL PR will feature them on the coverage about Challenge results. In addition to that, 2 winners will get an invitation to participate in an Accelerator for Collective Impact with VITTEL, Nestlé S.A. & Ashoka.
Furthermore, all the finalists and participants will have an opportunity and platform for various things like having access to additional online network opportunities with Ashoka & VITTEL & Nestlé S.A, featuring in Ashoka social media channels, presenting their initiatives at a live-pitch to the judge’s panel, etc.
- Candidates must be 18 years old or older at the time of the application.
- Must apply with a project that is already implemented beyond the idea stage (must have implemented at least a pilot); must be able to present at least initial evidence of impact
- Similarly, they must have incorporated as a nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid organization, or have a fiscal sponsor.
- Furthermore, candidates must be fluent in English and/or French.
- Only one application per initiative is eligible to participate. In addition to that, entries must be either in English or French.
Employees of VITTEL®, Nestlé S.A. and their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, joint ventures, advertising agencies, promotion agencies and other service providers for this Challenge, their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household are not eligible.
- Furthermore, partners or initiatives that receive financial support and fundings by VITTEL or Nestlé S.A., its affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures are not eligible.
- The last date to enter is March 3, 2020.
Visit the official website for more information.