Applications open for Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2021. Entrants compete for the coveted title of 2021 Photographer of the Year. Entries open on 1 January 2021 and close at midnight on 31st May 2021. Entries will compete for the following coveted titles.
- The overall winner – 2020 Photographer of the Year
- The first runner-up
- The second runner-up
- The top highly commendable finalists
- The winner will receive a cash prize of USD5,000 and the two runners-up will receive a cash prize of USD2,500 each.
- Furthermore, the overall winner (plus partner) and the two runners-up (plus their partners) will enjoy a group safari with our CEO Simon Espley and his wife Lizz.
- The Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2021 competition is open to photographers aged 18 and over.
- Individuals employed by Africa Geographic may not enter. Employees of sponsorship partners may enter, except if they are immediate family members of owners/shareholders of those sponsors.
- Only entries that are of African wildlife, landscapes, and/or culture will be accepted.
- Entries can be submitted from Friday, 1 January 2021 until midnight (CAT) on Monday, 31 May 2021.
- Entrants must submit photos either via the online entry form or via Instagram using the hashtag #AfricaGeoPhoto.
- By entering the Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2020 participants confirm that they have read and agree to the rules of the competition.