Applications call for Africa’s Business Heroes 2020
This program was launched to identify, spotlight & support Africa’s Business Heroes. The Program is on the search for African entrepreneurs, of all ages and all sectors, who are leveraging businesses to create a positive impact and solve pressing challenges in Africa.
- Pitch business legends and receive advice from them.
- Win your share of $1.5 million USD.
- Gain global recognition and exposure via televised Africa’s Business Heroes Show.
- Access mentorship & training via the Africa Business Heroes’ Network of Partners and Judges.
- Gain admission into Alibaba’s eFounders program where you visit Alibaba’s HQ and participate in a 2-week digital economy immersion trip.
- The applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- An applicant has African citizenship or is the child or grandchild of an African citizen.
- The Company is Africa-Based. The business is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa
- The company is the post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history.
- Round 1: An online application and review process to determine our Top 50 Finalists. Each application will be reviewed by two judges.
- Round 2: Video-Call interviews with established business leaders who determine our Top 20 Finalists.
- Semi-Final Pitch: In-person pitches with a distinguished and experienced panel of investors, business leaders and professionals to determine our top 10 finalists.
- Due diligence: Shortlisted top 10 finalists will need to pass due diligence checks by our partner: Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) in order to be confirmed an ANPI 2020 Africa’s Business Heroes and to have their chance to pitch at Africa’s Business Heroes Show.
- Set up an account
- Read the guidelines
- Verify the eligibility
- Fill and submit an application by 9th June 2020, 23:59:59 GMT
In case of any questions throughout the application, candidates can email [email protected] or visit an application guide.