Applications call for Aging As Art: A Juried Photography Show. The Council on Aging – Southern California Aging As Art: A Juried Photography Show is grateful to our partners and sponsors who have contributed to an impressive prize list. Entrants have the opportunity to win one Grand Prize, one Second Prize, one Third Prize, or one of two Honorable Mentions.
This year the contest will feature a professional and an amateur category.
- Professional Photographer Definition: A professional photographer is someone who is consistently compensated for their photographic work.
- Amateur Photographer Definition: An amateur photographer is someone that takes photos for fun and passion.
Professional Prize Package
- Grand Prize: $1,000
- Second Prize: $500
- Third Prize: $250
- Honorable Mentions (two): $100 each
Amateur Prize Package
- Grand Prize: $600
- Second Prize: $250
- Third Prize: $100
- Honorable Mentions (two): $75 each
- 72 ppi resolution
- 1,280 pixels on the longest side
- sRGB or RGB color space (standard) with layers flattened
- 8 bit mode
- JPG format with compression at level 7 (at minimum)
- less than 3MB total size
- May 31, 2021, 5pm PST—All entries must be received.
- June 6, 2021—Judging will take place and winners notified by email on or about, June
- 11, 2021.
- Late Summer 2021 (Dates TBA)—Selected photographs will be displayed at the Bowers Museum.
- Fall 2021 (Dates TBA)—Selected photographs will be displayed at the Newport Beach Central Library.
- September 2021–March 2022 (Dates TBA)—Selected photographs will be displayed at the Ontario International Airport.
Click here to read the photo contest rules, terms and conditions.