Apply for Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge 2021. The Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge aims to recognize new products, services, and best practices that can help farmers, consumers, and food companies to increase production effectiveness, competitiveness, and resilience while conserving agrobiodiversity. In an open innovation approach, Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge aims to:
- Connect different actors who are motivated to improve global and community-based food systems.
- Attract and support innovators to scale up their solutions through a long-term research and development collaboration with CGIAR and its partners.
- Identify innovators who could help advance research by sharing ideas and solutions.
Awards and Benefits
Awards will be conferred during a ceremony at the Congress. Prizes will be presented by the Director General of the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT and a high-level representative of the Government of Italy.
Selected winners of the Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge will receive both in cash and in-kind prizes.
- Cash prize: Two grants/free equity of USD 5,000 to each of the top two innovators based on level of excellence and innovation – (IFAD)
- Mentoring: Support in fine tuning business models and developing business plans, along with access to science and business development teams – (CGIAR/ IITA BIP)
- Partnership: Partnering with a CGIAR scientist or team to provide guidance and feedback on innovation – (CGIAR/ Alliance, IIT)
- Matching: Participating in a Shark Tank/Dragon’s Den-like pitch to IFAD country teams for opportunities to match for further product development and/or scaling (IFAD)
- Expertise: In-kind, post-award support will be provided to equip innovators with tools, technical assistance, strategic guidance, technological due-diligence, mentorship, and access to a global community of scientists and to field operations to test and scale solutions – (CGIAR/ Alliance, IIT)
- Training and Tuition: Three winning ideas (team or member) will receive two full scholarship worth USD 25,000 each, and one additional full tuition assistance for participation in the Master I Level Open Innovation & Youth Entrepreneurship course from CIHEAM Bari – (CIHEAM Bari)
Final allocations of the awards will be announced on September 30, 2021.
For Startups and Founders
- Visibility and recognition: Shortlisted teams will be featured on the Agrobiodiversity Congress website, reaching a global audience including international investors and organizations, as well as have the opportunity to pitch virtually to the Selection Committee.
- Networking: Teams will have the opportunity to meet and network with technical experts, international organizations, investors, private sector companies, and research institutions.
- Corporate activities: Winning teams may be invited to opportunities for additional learning or exposure associated with the Agrobiodiversity Congress and Accelerate for Impact Platform, such as participating in social media campaigns, case studies, and webinars to foster the open innovation model and sustain entrepreneurship and innovation.
- All innovations must apply to agrobiodiversity conservation and consumption practices and should aim to include climate change adaptation measures. Application forms that are incomplete, do not comply with the terms and conditions specified in the call, or are submitted after the deadline, will not be considered.
- No applicants under the age of 18 will be considered for the Award unless represented by a parent or legal guardian. Participation in Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge is free of charge.
- Preference will be given to applications by teams that have developed solutions to address the needs of the rural poor and/or communities in fragile and conflict-affected states or heavily affected by the aftermath of COVID-19.
- Applications should be submitted through the Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge webpage. Selected applications will be invited to the final stage and given a space on the Congress website.
- Applicants can only submit original works for which they are the sole inventors and copyright holders. In the case of a group of co-founders, the names and ages of all authors must be listed in the application form and will be considered as a single application.
Full information is available here
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here