Applications call for the Annual California Ocean and Coastal Amateur Photography Contest. Photographs may be in color or black and white. Images may be post-processed but should retain realistic color and sharpness. A maximum of five photos per entrant may be submitted. Please do not submit more than five different images.
The Annual California Ocean and Coastal Amateur Photography Contest has the following prizes
- Four tickets for a San Diego whale watch cruise, courtesy of San Diego Whale Watch; and four tickets for a kayak or paddleboard wildlife tour of Mission Bay, courtesy of Aqua Adventures.
- Two tickets for a Santa Barbara whale watch cruise, courtesy of Condor Express; two tickets for a Morro Bay kayak tour, courtesy of Central Coast Outdoors; and two tickets for a winery tour, courtesy of Malibu Wine Hikes.
- Two tickets for a Moss Landing whale watch cruise, courtesy of Sea Goddess Whale Watching; one stand-up paddleboard lesson courtesy of 510 Waterline, Richmond; and one Tomales Bay double kayak adventure, courtesy of Blue Waters Kayaking.
- Two tickets for a Monterey whale watching cruise courtesy of Discovery Whale Watch; a stand-up paddleboard or kayak rental, courtesy of SeaTrek Sausalito; a kayak rental courtesy of Stacked Adventures, Alameda; and two stand-up paddleboard classes and rentals, courtesy of Mike’s Paddle, Alameda.
Contest Rules 2021
The contest is free and open to all amateur photographers. An amateur photographer is someone who earns less than 50 percent of their income from photography. Photographs in this contest feature the following subjects:
- The scenic coast and the Pacific Ocean off California,
- People and the California coast, and
- California ocean and coastal wildlife.