The Global Start-up Business Plan Competition (GSBPC) aims to stimulate and unleash the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation among aspiring and existing entrepreneurs with ideas that contribute to their personal economic benefit and towards developing their communities.
The GSBPC calls on potential and existing entrepreneurs to participate by submitting their innovative entrepreneurial ideas by means of a Business Plan Template, which will be reviewed by a team of experts.
A number of criteria will be used to assess the applications. It is important to adequately address each of these factors, in order to successfully present a well-rounded business plan. Further details are available in the Business Plan Template. The main points to focus on are:
• The business idea – uniqueness, viability, relevance;
• The product and services – description, impact, market need; • Competitor analysis – description, opportunities;
• Target market – definition;
• Marketing plan – nature, relevance, objectives;
• Start-up costs and financials.
The three participants or teams with the best business plans will be invited to attend the prize-winners’ event in Vienna on 21 to 25 November 2016, during the celebration of UNIDO’s 50th Anniversary.
APPLICATION PARTICIPATION CRITERIA:
• Participants must be aged between 18 and 35;
• Open to (an) entrepreneur(s) with a new business idea or (an) existing
entrepreneur(s) with a startup in its early stages;
• Participants must use the Business Plan Template;
• Open to individuals or teams of maximum 3 members;
• Applications must be completed in English;
• Applications must either be submitted through AICEI’s registration form website
APPLICATION EXCLUSION CRITERIA
• The following individuals cannot participate, directly or indirectly, in the competition: employees of Organizers or its subsidiaries, affiliates, as well as companies wherein the above mentioned companies have an equity stake. Applications submitted for the competition that potentially conflict with any laws and/or the Organizers code of conducts will also be declined.
• Plagiarism of the business idea and/or elements of the business plan.
• Missing or misleading information in the application may lead to a decline of partici-
pation without further explanations.
ALL THREE WINNERS WILL ADDITIONALLY BE REWARDED WITH:
• A UNIDO certificate;
• Increased visibility for their start-up;
• A round-trip from home country to the UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna, Austria;
Official Link: https://www.aicei.net
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 23 September 2016
|Type of Opportunity||Competitions and Awards|