Applications are open for Ashoka Young Changemakers Program 2021. Ashoka Young Changemakers is a carefully selected network of young people who have found their power to create change for the good of all and are ready to take on their role as youth influencers, peer allies and co-leaders of the global Everyone a Changemaker movement.
Nominations are open year-round for Ashoka Young Changemakers in the countries seen below. By completing the nomination form, you are expressing interest to receive an application during the next application cycle per country.
Changemakers must be under 20 years of age. Here are what it takes to be a Changemaker
- Your idea: You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
- Your team: You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realize they can create positive change.
- Your world changed: You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
- Stage 1 (Online Nomination & Screening): Nominate yourself or someone you know through the online form. Reflect on your journey as a Changemaker and access inspiring ideas to advance your initiative.
- Stage 2 (National Review): Interact with the Ashoka team in your country. Learn more about the co-leadership opportunities for you to contribute and useful insights to help you accelerate the growth of your leadership and change-making competencies.
- Stage 3 (International Review): Interact with a Senior Leader from the Ashoka team and with young changemakers from our global network. Understand Ashoka better, and gain expert insights to advance your change-making journey.
- Stage 4 (Selection Panel): Attend an in-person discussion and selection panel, that would include top social entrepreneurs, journalists, and other leaders. Meet other top young changemakers and discuss ideas to influence youth culture in your country and to co-lead the Everyone a Changemaker movement.
Read FAQs for more information