Applications call for Bath Flash Fiction Award, an international flash fiction writing competition. The Bath Flash Fiction Award aims to promote flash fiction for both writers and readers and to bring the genre to a wider audience. Running a three-times-a-year rolling flash fiction award with substantial prizes and a chance of publication gives writers a big incentive to create great flash. And the new novella-in-flash award provides the opportunity to have a longer work released in a quality publication.
The winners of the Bath Flash Fiction Award will receive a £1000 prize for, £300 second and £100 third. Two commendations £30 each.
- 300 words limit.
- 50 longlisted entrants offered publication in our end of year print and digital anthology.
- Those accepting receive a free copy.
- Flash Award judge, Nod Ghosh, shortlists to 20 and chooses the winning, second, third, and two commended fictions.
- This Flash Fiction Award round closes Midnight GMT on February 7th, 2021.
Winners will be announced by 1st March 2021 on the Winners pages.
- Entrants must be 16 years or over.
- Bath Flash Fiction Award is open to everyone; locally, nationally, and internationally.
- An entry can only be made by the work’s individual author.
- Entries must not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast or won a prize. Non-winning Ad Hoc Fiction eBook entries are exempt, hence are eligible for entry.
- Entries can be on any theme or subject but must be original and written in English. They must also be for adult or young adult readers. Non-fiction and fiction written for children under 13 years is not eligible.
- Simultaneous submission is permitted. Should your fiction win a prize or be published elsewhere, please let us know so that we may remove your entry from the current Award. We will also refund your entry fee subject to our Refund rule below.
- Authors retain full worldwide copyright throughout.
- The maximum length is 300 words, title excluded.
- Entries should be typed in a plain legible font. A sans 14pt font is suggested.
- Entries will be read and judged anonymously so do not put your name, address, email, telephone number or any personally identifying information on any page.
- If the piece has no title, then its first five words must be used as the title.
- Acceptable file types are odt, doc, docx, txt and pdf.
- The file name must be the title of your piece, punctuation removed. If your piece does not have a title, then the file name must be its first five words, punctuation removed.
Read the full rules
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here