Applications call for BIF PRIZE ‘20: Award for Unconventional Photographers
BiF Prize is an annual international photo contest that aims to support authors who think outside the box of traditional standards and search for new forms of storytelling. The choice of theme and is unrestricted. To apply, an author should submit a photo series (from 5 to 12 images) and, if needed, add other media attachments.
Prizes for Award for Unconventional Photographers
- The main winner of BIF PRIZE ‘20: Award for Unconventional Photographers will receive a €2 000 prize.
- Ten best projects determined by the judges will be published on Bird in Flight.
- A special prize in the nomination of the Samsung Readers’ Choice Award (its winner will be determined by open voting) is a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra smartphone.
- Another 25 applicants will receive a portfolio review by the jury. The portfolio review will be held online.
- The program only accepts photo series of 5-12 photographs. IF needed authors may choose to upload any other media file (up to 40 Megabytes each).
- Photographers from all over the world are welcome to participate.
- All are welcome to apply more than once.
- Submission must be in English.
- Technical Requirements: Images of up to 5 megabytes in size, in .jpg or .png format.
- Photos, Collages, and all images must be copyrighted by all the applicants.
- The application fee is 15 Euros.
- Submission for the portfolio review selection costs an extra 10 Euros.