Bristol Short Story Prize in association with the Tangent Books call for the entries on Bristol Short Story Prize 2020. It is an annual international short story writing competition in the Bristol, United Kingdom. The competition is open to all published and unpublished writers from all over the world.
- 1st prize is £1,000, 2nd prize is £500, the 3rd prize is £250.
- Also, 17 further prizes of £100 will be presented to the remaining shortlisted writers.
- Furthermore, all shortlisted writers will be eligible for 2 free copies of the anthology.
This annual short story writing competition in Bristol is open to all writers in the world as there is no geographical restriction. But however, participating writers must be over 16 years old on the closing date, 30th April 2020. In addition to that, all the short stories fro entries must be in the English language.
Rules and Regulations
- Online entries should be submitted via the online entry facility, usually in Word document, pdf or equivalent.
- Postal entries will only be accepted as printed typescripts. There are no specific formatting requirements: font type, font size, line spacing, etc. Please send postal entry/entries to Bristol Short Story Prize, Unit 5.16, Paintworks, Bath Road Bristol BS4 3EH.
- Authors may enter as many stories as they like. But there is an entry fee of £9 for each story when applicants submit it to the 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize.
- Payment for online entries to the 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize should be made via the website’s online entry facility. Entrants must pay the entry fee via the Paypal website after they submit their story/stories to the 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize.
- Similarly, payment for postal entries to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize should be made by cheque. Cheque payments must be in pounds sterling.
- Each postal submission must be accompanied by a signed entry form confirming an entrant has read the rules of the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize and accepts the rules of the 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize.
- Moreover, the Organizer team will disqualify any entry found to have been plagiarized.
- Also, any entrant wishing to withdraw a story from the 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize before the closing date and time of midnight (BST) which is on 30th April 2020 will receive a full refund.
- Furthermore, entry implies acceptance of all the 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize rules. Entries that fail to comply with the entry rules and requirements may be disqualified.
The last day to submit entries for this short story competition is the 30th of April, 2020, Midnight British Summer Time. The maximum word limit is 4,000 but there are no minimum words limit. Stories may be on any theme or subject and entry can be made online or by post. Interested candidates can either enter online or by post.