Bristol Short Story Prize is an annual international writing competition open to all published and unpublished, UK and non-UK based writers. The 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize is open for entries. Moreover, Tangent Books will select the winner and 2 runners up from the shortlist as well as announced at an awards ceremony in Bristol in October 2019.
- 1st prize is £1,000, 2nd prize is £500, 3rd prize is £250.
- Also, 17 further prizes of £100 will be presented to the remaining shortlisted writers.
- All shortlisted writers will receive 2 free copies of the anthology.
- Also, prizes will be sent to any writer on the shortlist who is unable to attend the awards ceremony.
Applicants need to meet all of the following:
- Entrants must be over 16 years old on the closing date, May 1st 2019.
- Also, the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to all published and unpublished writers. There is no geographical restriction on entry – the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to everyone, whether they are based in the UK or outside the UK.
- All entries must be in English.
Requirements and Rules
- Online entries should be submitted via the online entry facility, usually in Word document, pdf or equivalent.
- Postal entries will only be accepted as printed typescripts. There are no specific formatting requirements: font type, font size, line spacing etc. Please send postal entry/entries to: Bristol Short Story Prize, Unit 5.16, Paint works, Bath Road Bristol BS4 3EH.
- Furthermore, authors may enter as many stories as they like. There is an entry fee of £9 for each story when applicants submits it to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize.
- Payment for online entries to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize should be made via the website online entry facility. Entrants will be transferred to the Paypal website after they have submitted their story/stories to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize to pay the entry fee.
- Similarly, payment for postal entries to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize should be made by cheque. Cheque payments must be in pounds sterling. Also, each postal submission must be accompanied by a signed entry form confirming an entrant has read the rules of the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize and accepts the rules of the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize.
- Moreover, Organizer team will disqualify any entry found to have been plagiarized.
- Also, any entrant wishing to withdraw a story from the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize before the closing date and time of midnight (BST) May 1st 2019 will receive a full refund.
- In addition, entry implies an acceptance of all the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize rules. Entries that fail to comply with the entry rules and requirements may be disqualified.
The closing date for entries to our 2019 writing competition is midnight (BST) May 1st 2019. The maximum word limit is 4,000, there is no minimum. Stories may be on any theme or subject and entry can be made online or by post. There is an £9 entry fee for all stories submitted and entries must be previously unpublished. Enter online or by post.