Applications Call for Award: Active Young Citizens for Sustainable Development. CEI announces the launch of the Call for Ideas and Award Competition of the initiative Active Young Citizens for Sustainable Development in CEI and AII Areas designed to stimulate the engagement of youth in the Central European Initiative (CEI) and the Adriatic Ionian Initiative (AII) regions in the framework of the United Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
The overall objective of the initiative is to raise awareness of CEI and AII countries’ high school students on the UN Agenda 2030 (UNA2030) and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through a learning process and the participation in this Call. Along these lines, the Call aims at meeting the following specific objectives:
- Encouraging the understanding of the principles and structure of UNA2030 and its SDGs.
- Advocating the role of young & active citizens, as key actors for the achievement of the SDGs in CEI and AII areas.
- Stimulating the elaboration of community-based and “SDG-proof” project ideas through participation in the Call.
Active Young Citizens for Sustainable Development has the following benefits
- Awards of 20,000 EUR (twenty thousand Euros) each will be assigned to the three best ideas.
- The awards will be transferred to the winning high shcools and are intedned as recognition of the merit of the idea.
- They can be utilized either for implementing the idea or for other institutional purposes of the school, contributing to the UNA 2030 and it SDGs.
- Public and private high schools (secondary education institutions) based and registered in CEI and All Member States (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Maldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Republic of San Marino, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Ukraine) are eligible to apply.
- Ideas must be submitted by a representative/contact person of the proposing high school (applicant).
Access Online Application System