Apply for the SDG Action Awards 2020. The deadline for the application is 25th May.
- The current global health crisis is a sober reminder of the need for coordinated responses that leave no one behind as outlined in the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
- Additionally, taking climate action, providing access to healthcare and quality food, ensuring that all children have access to education, and protecting the most vulnerable is more important than ever for our joint global progress. It is possibly the only way forward.
- We need hope, we need solidarity, and we need creative and coordinated action on the Goals.
- Furthermore, SDG encourages people and organizations everywhere to submit their outstanding SDG Action and nominate to become one of the UN SDG Action Award winners.
SDG Action Awards 2020 has the following categories
- Large numbers of individuals and organizations to take action for the achievement of the goals whilst building coalitions across communities and societies.
- Additionally, people to shift behaviors and policies for the achievement of the goals whilst promoting the values of hope and solidarity
- Partners to increase progress on the goals whilst strengthening dialogue. In addition to that, trust between people and institutions people and institutions at all levels
- In the midst of the global health crisis, the awards see strong examples of solidarity among people everywhere.
- Additionally, acts of kindness and solidarity are burgeoning, helping neighborhoods, communities, and people everywhere to adapt to the new norm.
- Likewise, the Solidarity Award will honor the most heartwarming and impactful acts of humanity. Those which improve the lives of others, inspire resilience and lift hopes in the ongoing global health crisis.
- Furthermore, from local heroes to stories from the other side of the world, nominations can come from everyone, everywhere.
- The adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals was a watershed moment of hope and urgency.
- Additionally, for the first time, the world gained a universal development agenda by, with and for the people, shaped by the most participatory process in the history of the United Nations.
- Furthermore, the agenda commits to the essentials that every human being needs, now and in the future, from health to decent work, to clean air, to reliable institutions.
To submit your initiative, visit the official website