Application calls for Carribean Innovation Competition 2020.
The Caribbean Innovation Competition (CIC) is an international entrepreneur competition and business start-up accelerator for young people in the CARICOM Member and the Associate States. However, the CIC differentiates itself from other existing business competitions by incorporating “before and after“ stages, focusing on training and mentoring as preparation for the competition, and providing follow up services that include access to finance, networking activities, visibility and promotion opportunities.
Prize and Financial Aid
- Finalist teams will receive a full scholarship for one team member to take part in the finals of TIC Americas/CIC. Moreover, the scholarship includes a round-trip flight ticket, travel insurance, hotel accommodation, full meals, and local transportation.
- Finalists will also have access to, training, mentorships, and networking sessions with YABT’s partners, which include multinational and government representatives, international media, investors and a wide network of entrepreneurs in the Western Hemisphere.
- A US$5,000 prize is awarded to the winners at the Finals of TIC Americas 2020. This award shall be considered by winning teams as seed capital for their businesses or initiatives.
- In addition to that, every winning team receives one trophy, certificate, and other and opportunities to enter as a Winning Team of TIC Americas, i.e., participation at International Events of the YABT/OAS, PepsiCo and other partners’ events and conferences.
Why Caribbean Innovation Competition?
The following features and supports to participant makes this competition best
- Business network
- Content and knowledge
- Development markets
- Finance sources and angel investors
- International visibility and recognition
- Mentors and technical support
Who can enter on Caribbean Innovation Competition?
All the individuals and teams from CARICOM Members and Associate States who satisfy the criteria can apply
- Moreover, this competition is open to all the entrepreneur who 18-34 years old regardless of their level of education
- The CIC Teams should be a minimum of one and a maximum of ten members. In case, if the Team consists of one member only, they will be holding the title of CEO.
- Teams of two and more members should include the following roles; Chief Executive Officer; Chief Technical Officer; and Others
- Teams registering for the CIC Awards must be citizens residing in a CARICOM Member or Associate State (see list of countries below) and have the minimum legally authorized age to start and operate a business in that country.
- A Team with multinational members is also eligible if the CEO is a citizen and/or permanent resident of an eligible country.
- Since much of the competition and communication is through the Internet, the Team should have adequate access to the Internet during the competition to ensure full participation.
- YABT, National Chapters, Officials, Board of Directors Members and sponsors, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate.
Moreover, all the candidates from the following counties can enter in Caribbean Innovation Competition 2020
Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Turks, and Caicos Islands
The last day to enter the contest is 29 February 2020.
Lastly, the application link is available here.