CERN calls application for European Research Council Grants.
Candidates may apply to be hosted by CERN in the fields of engineering as well as research and applied physics. Your research proposal should fit into CERN’s R&D programs and be performed according to the work plan set out in the approved “ERC Grant Agreement”.
In order to qualify for an ERC Starting or Consolidator grant, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Candidates of any nationality may apply to be hosted by CERN in the fields of engineering as well as research and applied physics. Your research proposal should fit into CERN’s R&D programs.
- For the Starting Grant applications: 2-7 years of experience post-completion of Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) and a scientific track record showing great promise.
- For the Consolidator Grant applications: more than 7 and up to 12 years of experience post-completion of Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) and scientific track record showing great promise.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment, and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- A CERN Staff Member contract for the corresponding duration of the ERC grant, up to a maximum of 5 years.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
2.5 days of paid leave per month.
- Access to formal training at CERN as well as in-house language courses for English and/or French.
You will need the following documents to complete your application for CERN European Research Council Grants:
- A CV
- A list of your 10 most important publications or notes, indicating where you are a principal contributor or a co-author.
- Completed 5-page extended ERC Grant proposal summary (“synopsis” in the ERC procedure)
- Three letters of recommendation. You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward it to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
See more information here