Applications call for CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars 2021-2023. An opportunity to accelerate your career, expand your network, collaborate across disciplines, and explore cutting-edge ideas with unrestricted research funding. Join the community of top researchers addressing the most important questions facing science and humanity.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides:
- Interdisciplinary interactions: Pursuing the most exciting and important research questions requires scholars who can move beyond their own research areas to take a fresh look at a problem. CIFAR helps early-career researchers think and work outside their silos by facilitating dialogue between diverse disciplines and immersing them in our research programs for a truly enriching experience.
- Leadership development: Excellent management and communication skills will be key to success in the demanding and competitive world of research. Through annual meetings of CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars from across CIFAR’s research programs and additional learning experiences supported by the Love Family Leadership Development Fund, CIFAR designs one-on-one and peer-group training opportunities on themes related to the leadership development needs of Global Scholars.
- Engagement in global communities: Tomorrow’s research leaders must understand how to engage with key stakeholders in their communities around the world, with government, industry, or the general public. CIFAR provides early-career researchers opportunities to refine the skills they develop, interacting with leaders both within and outside of academia.
Benefits and Funding
Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support.
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program.
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs.
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put their skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent), and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program.