CitiesToBe invites creative photographers from all over the world to participate in photo competition CitiesToBe Photo Awards 2020. Basically, to portray and demonstrate the urbanization and the environmental, social and economic sustainability, energy efficiency, climate change, cultural conflicts, migrations, differences, inequality, infrastructure obsolescence or occupation and wealth, and other various factors associated, CitiesToBe decides to launch the 1st ever edition of CitiesToBe Photo Awards to reflect the stories of cities in the form of Photo. Moreover, this is an exciting opportunity for photographers and storytelling photographers to take their work in front of the globally famed photographers and notable personalities from the related fields.
Rules and Regulations
- This competition is open to all individuals over the age of 18. There is no any geographical location or nationality restrictions for candidates to participate in CitiesToBe Photo Awards 2020.
- One candidate can present one only photographic image and all candidates must hold the rights of the image they submit.
- The CitiesToBe Photo Award is a contest of images that show or reflect on cities and urban life, in any of their complex forms and aspects. Moreover, the jury will assess all submitted photographs according to the ‘CitiesToBe Statement’.
- CitiesToBe also welcomes entries of conventional photographic work or artistic work that uses photography as a medium. Basically, there will be no restrictions on techniques or procedures.
- Candidates must their entries via this form, in JPG format (preferably with Adobe RGB 1998 color profile), measuring up to 2000 pixels on the longest side and with a maximum size of 5 MB, without the addition of frames, borders or photo captions.
- Candidates can read about the full Guidelines & Legal Bases of the CitiesToBe Photo Award here.
- Furthermore, applicants can asses online form here.
- One winner will receive the acquisitive prize for the amount of 1,500 euros.
- Similarly, 10 honorary mentions to the finalist images of the CitiesToBe Photo Award
- In addition to that, the winning image and the 10 honorary mentions will be featured in the CitiesToBe Photo Award 2019 ebook, be digital –and freely– disseminated to highlight and promote the work of the rewarded authors
The final deadline for submitting entries is midnight (CET) on 16th FEBRUARY 2020. The Final Decision will the winner and honorable mentions will be out on 4th MARCH 2020
- Roger Grasas, photographer
- Pilar Conesa · anteverti CEO & founder
- Ana Alcantud · Consulting Director of anteverti
- Cristina Garrido · Director of Innovation & Strategic Development of anteverti & Co-Director of citiestobe.com
- Sergio García i Rodríguez · Strategic Communication Coordinator of anteveri & Co-Director of citiestobe.com
The jury will evaluate both the technical elements of the submitted photographic images and the way in which these document, capture and display the reality of life in cities, as well as the dynamics of urban ecosystems.