Applications are open for ClimateScience Olympiad 2021. ClimateScience is a global charity creating and providing educational resources on solutions to climate change to 100,000s of people worldwide. Learn more about us at climate-science.com
ClimateScience Olympiad 2021 has the following prizes
- Winners: The top 3 teams win US$5,000, US$3,000 and US$2,000, respectively. The prize money is split half/half between the two team members or awarded in full in case the winner participated on their own.
- Finalists: If there’s no more pandemics, finalists will meet in person and attend the ‘Green zone’ of the United Nations Climate Summit (COP-26) in Glasgow on Nov 1-12, 2021. We are applying for finalists to also get a chance to enter the zone where political conversations happen and will post an update on this by April 2021.
- Semi-finalists: Semi-finalists are invited to a ClimateScience-led training group to help you prepare for the semi-final and, if you proceed, for the final.
- ClimateScience host two age brackets: 14-17 and 18-25. If you are in one of those at the time of registration, you are eligible regardless of nationality or other factors.
- Both members of a team must be within the same age bracket at the time of application. The competition will require proof-of-age from everyone who makes it to the semi-finals.
- Both age brackets participate in the same qualifiers and answer the same type of problem statements. However, it only compare participants within their age groups. This means we score the two brackets independently and normalise them within each other.
- Semi-finalists, finalists and eventually the winners are then chosen based on the highest normalised score across age groups. This ensures fair comparison regardless of age.
More information here