Applications call for CollexArt Color Sense 2020
CollexArt seeks artworks that express the artist’s ideas about color. In 1963, Josef Albers published the Interaction of Color which shared his thought process that colors are “governed by an internal and deceptive logic.” The artist’s approach to color is personal and intuitive. Through study and/or personal insight, artists have an inherent sense of the play of color in their work whether they are involved in abstract studies or using color to elicit associations. Artists can submit work that addresses the studied use of color, where color is a big part of the artist’s toolset and is what makes the work complete. The subject matter is open.
- Purchase Award of $1,000: One artist will be awarded the Purchase Award at the conclusion of this call.
- Artist Profile Page Award: Submitting artists (including the Purchase Award winner) may be invited to have their own in-depth Artist Profile Page, have their work included in the CollexArt Store, and in the curated Online Exhibit Space.
- Finalist CollexArt Annual Grand Prize of $5,000: This award identifies a single artwork as the best of the year. The Grand Prize will be awarded in March of 2021. Artists who are selected for Purchase Awards, Artist Profile Pages, Exhibit Space in CollexArt, or for the CollexArt store are registered as finalists for the prize.
- Additional Artist Exposure: Artists whose work catches the attention of the curators, but who do not receive a Purchase Award or an Artist Profile Page, may be invited for exposure in the CollexArt Selected Works Forum.
- CollexArt Sponsored Artist Websites & Membership: All participants are eligible for a complimentary one-year CollexArt membership. Those just starting out, and who have never had a professional artist portfolio website can request a CollexArt sponsored website for a year (the domain name is not included).
- CollexArt Color Sense is open to all USA and International artists 18 years and older.
- Accepting all original visual media excluding video, film, and animated Gifs.
- Accepted works must be priced for sale, marked as the price on request, or not for sale.
- All submissions must be original artwork conceived and produced by the artist.
- All submissions must be free from copyright infringement.
- If submitting photography any necessary release forms must be procured prior to submitting.
- Only digital files are accepted through the CollexArt submission system (powered by SubmitArts).
- Images must be saved and submitted as JPGs.
- Images must be no larger than 2000 pixels on the longest side.
- Images must be 5MB or less.
- If you do not have a SubmitArts account you will establish one with your submission.