Applications call for Commonwealth Youth Awards 2021
Exceptional young people can now submit entries for the 2021 Commonwealth youth awards to win prestigious titles and cash grants. The awards recognize and reward young people whose work has made a major impact on people and communities in their country.
Young leaders from across the 54 Commonwealth countries can enter five regional categories:
- Europe and Canada and
To be eligible, you must
- Be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- Have been engaged in development work for at least 12 months as a professional or volunteer; and
- Show a strong track record of implementing impactful development work and contribute to one of the 17 sustainable development goals.
- Judges will choose 20 finalists who will each receive a trophy, a certificate, and £1,000 in cash.
- Of the 20, five regional winners will be chosen and awarded an additional £2,000.
- The finalists and regional winners will be announced during Commonwealth week in March 2021.
- There will be an overall winner who will receive the title of Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021, and a total cash prize of £5,000.
This year’s award includes special recognition for young people who have made outstanding efforts to tackle development challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Send in your entry for the 2020 Commonwealth Youth Awards