Applications call for Cranked Anvil Press Short Story Competition 2020.
Cranked Anvil Press Short Story Competition is open for entries all year round. The competition is open to any theme or genre, but your story must be a maximum of 1,500 words (not including the title).
- 1st: £150
- 2nd: £75
- 3rd: £30
Rules and Regulations
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be the original and unpublished work of the entrant. This includes publication online, including (but not limited to) personal blogs or websites.
- Each entry must not be currently submitted for publication nor for any other competition or award.
- Each story must stay within the 1,500-word limit. This means any story up to and including 1,500 words. The title does not form part of the word count.
- The closing date for entries is midnight (UK time) on the 31st January, 30th April, 31st July and 31st October.
- No corrections will be accepted or refunds given.
Manuscripts must be typed using a clear font (eg. Times New Roman or Arial), 12pt, and double spaced. Manuscripts should have numbered pages, with a covering page which states the following:
- Story title
- Your name
- Your email address (If your entry fee comes from a different email address account, we strongly advise you also note that on your cover page)
- Word count
- Your twitter handle, if you have one
- The cover page must be the first page of the whole manuscript document. DO NOT attach a separate cover page – your entry will be disqualified.
- Your manuscript document should be named with the title of your story, followed by your name in capitals;
ie: Title Of Your Story YOUR NAME
- Entries should be submitted as an email attachment to [email protected] as a Microsoft Word
- Document (.doc or .docx), OpenDocument Text (.odt), or PDF (.pdf).
- If you are entering more than one story, each story must be submitted as a separate manuscript. Ensure your email address is on the covering page of every manuscript.
More information available here