Applications call for D-Prize Challenge 2020 for Social Entrepreneurs. D-Prize Challenge 2020 supports new entrepreneurs who can distribute proven poverty interventions.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet millions of people still don’t have access. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
The most promising teams will receive the $20,000 USD to launch a pilot version of your new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Girl’s Education
- Global Health
- Governance and Infrastructure
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world.
- Applicants may be of any age and background.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high-risk capital.
- Round 1: Submit your concept note and resume(s). D-Prize generally receives 1000 submissions a competition.
- Round 2: Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10 pages proposal. Candidates will have four weeks to draft and submit.
- Final Round: Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1-2% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- Launch: Candidates will spend the next three months using their talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines
- The Global Competition launches on April 20th, 2020.
- Early Submission Deadline: June 1st, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 22nd, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline: July 13, 2020, at midnight PT (pacific time)
Competition Is LIVE! Download An Application Packet