The Market Photo Workshop calls applications from photographers for 2021 edition of Daniele Tamagni Grant. This is an international Photography Grant with funding for a Scholarship for higher education and is designed to sponsor young and emerging photographers. The spirit of this initiative promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its creativity, the impact of its visual aesthetics on the continent and the diaspora and the in-depth exploration of the medium of photojournalism.
The official language of the program is English, that’s why all the participants must have a proficient level in English to actively engage and get reasonable outcomes from workshops and the reviews.
Benefits and Funding
Daniele Tamagni Photo Grants have the scholarship for eligible candidates that covers the followig expenses
- Market Photo Workshop School tuition for a one year enrolment to the Photojournalism and Documentary Photography. Programme information is available here
- A monthly stipend of 10,000 ZAR (around 580€/650$) for 12 months, to cover accommodation, meals and other out of pocket expenses, while attending the Course at the School in Johannesburg
- Medical insurance
- A return Economy class air-ticket from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
- Assistance in the visa application, when required.
Each applicant must submit the following
- A portfolio of min 20, max 30, fully captioned images, 72 DPI (jpg), 1200 pixels longest size, captioned
- Max 2 projects with a synopsis or a description of the project(s). (PDF, max 500 strokes)
- A declaration of proficiency and command of English to follow the Scholarship
- A short bio and a motivation statement for attending the course
- Only, when feasible, a brief testimonial by their Teacher(s).
Applicant must verify the following conditions:
- To be the sole author of the photographs
- Her-His ownership of the proprietary rights in the photographs
- The submitted portfolio does not infringe third party copyrights or violates privacy rights
- For communication, promotion and cultural initiatives, the recipient agrees that the Daniele Tamagni Foundation, with terms of perpetuity and free of rights, is entitled to use of the pictures from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its reproduction).
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here