Applications are open for DepicT! 2021 International Short Film Competition. It doesn’t matter what your budget is or what genre you’re working in. The competition is open to anyone from anywhere in the world, and entry is absolutely free – but there is ONE simple rule. Your film MUST be 90 seconds or less in duration.
- Must be 90 seconds or under
- Must be completed after January 2020
DepicT! 2021 International Short Film Competition has the following prizes
Main DepicT! 2021 Award
- £1500 cash + Lifetime membership to Shooting People
DepicT! Royal Photographic Society Cinematography Award
DepicT! 2021 British Award
A special package of support which will both promote the winning 90-second film and further develop the filmmaker’s skills including:
- Access to some key BAFTA events
- A place on a short course at the National Film and Television School in 2021-22, subject to availability
- Exposure on the BFI NETWORK industry platform, a one to one with Head of BFI NETWORK Jessica Loveland and a discounted pass to the BFI London Film Festival
Lifetime membership to Shooting People
- The deadline for entries is 1700hrs (BST) on 4 June 2020.
- Only films submitted online will be accepted.
- The duration of your film(s) must not exceed 90 seconds including titles and credits.
- Depict is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work. It does not accept advertisements.
- Only films completed since January 2019 may be submitted. Whilst the contest does not have a premiere policy, it positively encourage entries made specifically for Depict.
- The maximum number of entries per individual is ten.
Read full entry requirements