The Action for Nature calls nominations for 2020 Eco-Hero Awards for Young Environments. AFN encourages young people around the world to carry out individual environmental action projects. International Young Eco-Hero Awards aims to recognize and reward the successful individual environmental initiatives of young people ages 8 to 16. Action For Nature (AFN) believes that young people can have a positive impact on the environment and are vital in changing the way we live on our planet.
Prizes and Awards
The winners will serve as role models for other young people by demonstrating that each individual can make a difference. In particular, the winner will receive the following prizes
- Public recognization and media press release as well as cash prize up to $500.
- In addition to that, a certificate of Achievement for outstanding efforts to help protect and preserve the environment.
- The project concerns environmental health, advocacy, research or protection of the natural world.
- The project must be action-based and self-initiated, and not one assigned by a teacher or other adult.
- Similarly, the project must be close to completion or was completed within the last year.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 8 and 16 on February 28th in the year of application.
- Science Fair and Scouting Badge projects are eligible only if they include environmental action, educational outreach to others or studies beyond the Science Fair and Scouting Badges.
- The organizer does not accept projects related to domestic or confined animals, compositions or reports.
- Previous winners, immediate relatives of AFN board members, active reading panel members, or judges, may not apply.
- Furthermore, all the applications and submissions must be in English.
The Action for Nature prioritizes the projects of 2+ years and/or ongoing projects. However, the judging panel will evaluate, assess and make their decision depending on the following features like
- Length of time devoted to the project.
- Influencing/educating others.
- Use of outside resources (e.g. library, experts, media, community leaders).
- Degree of success in reaching goals
- Furthermore, the impact on the environment.
Candidates must fill out the online application form in order to apply for Eco-Hero Awards 2020 for Young Environments.