Applications are open for Eppendorf & Science Prize for Neurobiology 2021. The Prize is awarded annually to one young scientist for the most outstanding neurobiological research based on methods of molecular and cell biology conducted by him/her during the past three years.
- Entrants must be a neurobiologist with an advanced degree received in the last 10 years and not older than 35 years of age.
- The entrant’s essay must describe contributions to neurobiological research based on methods of molecular and cell biology.
- The entrant must have performed or directed the work described in the essay.
- The research must have been performed during the previous three years.
- Employees of Eppendorf AG, its subsidiaries, Science and AAAS, and their relatives are not eligible for the prize.
Awards and Benefits
- The winner of the Eppendorf and Science Prize for Neurobiology is awarded USD 25,000 and the publication of her essay in Science.
- The essay and those of up to three finalists are also published on Science Online.
Procedures for Entry
The entrant must submit the following items:
- A completed Entry Form.
- An essay, written by the entrant, that describes his or her research and places it in perspective with respect to current research in the field of neurobiology. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length. The applicant must have done or directed all of the work and it must have been performed in the past three years.
- A one-page letter of recommendation from his or her postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or another senior colleague who is familiar with the entrant’s work.
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes the following: Full citations of papers that the entrant has published on the research described in the essay; Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and Relevant professional experience
- Copies of two of the entrant’s papers that are most relevant to the essay.
- The Entry Form and additional submission materials must be submitted electronically through our prize management system.