European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) calls application for EDCTP Prizes. The biennial EDCTP Prizes recognize outstanding individuals and research teams from Africa and Europe who have made significant achievements in their research field. Additionally, the awardees will have made major contributions to strengthening clinical research capacity in Africa and supporting South-South and North-South networking. The Prizes are part of the EDCTP programme which is supported by the European Union under Horizon 2020, it’s Framework Programme for Research & Innovation.
2020 EDCTP prizes
European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) intends to award four prestigious international prizes dedicated to the promotion of scientific research, improved health and Africa-European collaboration. Prizes will be awarded in a ceremony at the tenth EDCTP Forum which will take place in Maputo, Mozambique, from 17-20 October 2021.
- Scientific Leadership Prize – €10,000: Awarded to excellent world-class scientists in sub-Saharan Africa up to 50 years of age working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases (NIDS) in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme. Nomination form
- Outstanding Female Scientist Prize – €20,000: Awarded to excellent world-class female scientists in sub-Saharan Africa and working in the remit of the EDCTP2 programme. Nomination form
- Outstanding Research Team Prize – €50,000: Awarded to outstanding research teams in sub-Saharan Africa and Europe working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases (NIDS) in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme. Nomination form
- Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize – €50,000: This prize is named after Dr Pascoal Mocumbi, the first High Representative of EDCTP A, in special recognition of his significant contribution to the development of EDCTP as an international collaborative research partnership. It is to be awarded to senior scientists, policy-makers or advocates for health and research, from anywhere in the world. Nomination form
- The contest for the first three prizes (Scientific Leadership Prize, Outstanding Female Scientist Prize, and Outstanding Research Team Prize) is open to residents of a sub-Saharan African country, an EU Member State, or a country associated to the Horizon 2020 programme.
- The contest for the Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize is open to contestants from all parts of the world. Please note however that special rules may apply for entities from certain countries.
- The nomination of contestants who are currently employees of the EDCTP Association or serving on one of the EDCTP Association advisory (Scientific Advisory Committee and Audit Committee) or governing (General Assembly and Board) bodies are elligible for any of the prizes.
- Finally, contestants that have already received an EDCTP2 prize cannot receive a second prize for the same activities.
- The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) Prizes contests will remain open until Thursday 29 October 2020 at 17:00 CET.
- Applications must be submitted by the (lead) participant via [email protected]
- Applications must be readable, accessible and printable. Incomplete applications may be considered inadmissible if essential elements are missing.
- Prize winners will be notified in advance of the Tenth EDCTP Forum.
- Joint applications by a group of participants are admitted. In this case, the participants must appoint a ‘lead participant’ to represent them. The participants will be jointly responsible and must all fulfil and respect the conditions set out in these Rules of Contest.
- Applications must be submitted by the (lead) participant via [email protected] unless otherwise specified.
- Applications must be readable, accessible and printable. Incomplete applications may be considered inadmissible if essential elements are missing